Methodology, Definitions, Notes, & Sources
Baccalaureate Graduated Employed and/or Enrolled in Texas
Percentages are based on the percent of baccalaureate graduates for academic institutions and nursing baccalaureate graduates for health institutions who are
- employed in Texas in the 4th quarter of the calendar year in which the program (fiscal) year ends and/or
- enrolled in a Texas graduate or professional program in the following fall semester after graduation
SWMC-Dallas and MDACC are not included as they have no nursing graduates.
The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board calculates employment/enrollment percentages based on
- Student data submitted to them from the institutions
- Unemployment Insurance (UI) wage records from the Texas Workforce Commission
- Federal Employment Database Exchange Service (FEDES), which includes records from the military (Department of Defense), United States Postal Service (USPS), and Office of Personnel Management (OPM)
Limitations of the Data
- The majority of student employment data presented pertains to those students employed in the state of Texas. Some individuals employed out-of-state—for instance military personnel and USPS employees—have also been included.
- Employment status is not limited to employment in the student’s chosen profession.
- Students are not included if they are self-employed or leave the state—to either work (unless listed in the Federal Employment Database Exchange Service (FEDES)) or continue their education.